Skip to main content

I’m excited about box_sdk_gen! I’m trying this , but “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘box_sdk_gen.auth’” occured. of cource I’ve done pip install box_sdk_gen. where’s box_sdk_gen.auth?

Hi @tatsumi0040 , welcome to the forum!

This workshop is developed to work with the box sdk gen version 0.5.1 as specified in the requirements.txt included in the project.

When you do pip install box-sdk-gen, you are installing a newer version, for example as of today 0.6.1, and there are few changes.

We will eventually update this workshop to work with a newer version of the SDK.

In the mean time I recommend you work with a python virtual environment and follow the setup instructions in the README.md file in the root of the GitHub repository.

Not sure if you are using Windows, Linux or MacOS, but I want to call your attention specifically to this part of the README.md file:

Get the code

git clone git@github.com:barduinor/box-python-gen-workshop.git

cd box-python-gen-workshop

Set up your virtual environment

On MacOS and Linux (Python 3.12)

python3 -m venv .venv

source .venv/bin/activate

pip install --upgrade pip

pip install -r requirements.txt

Create your local application environment file

cp sample_oauth.env .oauth.env

Edit your .oauth.env file to include your client id and secret, and execute the test_oauth.py script to check if the authentication is working.

The key is the pip install -r requirements.txt which will install the specific versions for this workshop.

From this point you should be able to do almost all workshops available.

Sadly, the Box AI API and the Metadata AI extraction API have not yet been released to the public, and are in beta.

If you give me a bit more context on your company and use case, I may be able to convince the product manager and include your company in a private beta program, to turn on these features.

Let us know.