Skip to main content

I am getting the following error while previewing a file.

The error message says, The document may be protected, but I am able to preview the same if i use a new downscoped token.

Form network tab, It seems when we click on preview, it tries to download the resource, but the resource is not found.

When I tried hitting the same API in postman. I got the following response.

This happens when I try to preview a documents after some interval of 10-15 minutes. Is there a solution available to explain the underlying cause of this behavior?

Steps to reproduce the above issue:

1. Create a downscoped token with the following scopes.

base_explorer, item_preview, item_download, item_upload

2. Use the generated token in the Content Explorer widget.

3. Preview a file 3-4 times.

4. Wait for 15-20 minutes

5. Preview the same file again. (The above error appears on the widget.)

Hi @Niladri ,

Downscope tokens do not automatically renew, not even via the SDK’s, however I would expect the token to be live for 60 minutes and get a 403 if expired, not a 404.

I’ll ask my team about this case too.

Hi @rbarbosa,

The downscoped token maintains its validity for nearly an hour. Therefore, any potential errors shouldn’t arise until after this 60-minute window has passed. Strangely though, when I reload the page, the Content Explorer displays the file list, confirming the token’s validity. Nevertheless, I encounter problems when attempting to preview the file.

Certainly, I appreciate your willingness to involve your team in addressing this case. Your collaboration is valuable, and I look forward to any insights or updates your team can provide.

The same issue appears on the Content Explorer widget on the box’s Content Explorer documentation website. The behavior is observed specifically while previewing PDF files.

Content Explorer - Box Developer Documentation

Hi @rbarbosa / Team,

Is there any update on this issue?

Sorry @Niladri , not yet… 😦

On a brighter side, you did inspire me to create a UI Elements workshop…

Check it out and send your feedback at:

Cheers

That’s fantastic to hear! I’m really glad to have been an inspiration for your UI Elements workshop. It sounds like a great initiative, especially with the focus on a pure Javascript approach to cater to a wider range of stacks. I’ll definitely check out the Box UI Elements Workshop and provide you with my feedback.

Keep up the great work!