Skip to main content

We are migrating large data from One account to another account after impersonation. But we are getting below error:

“PUT https://api.box.com/2.0/folders/168610592762” 503 191

{‘Date’: ‘Wed, 01 May 2024 07:27:04 GMT’, ‘Transfer-Encoding’: ‘chunked’, ‘strict-transport-security’: ‘max-age=31536000’, ‘box-request-id’: ‘0af1d3bebe91c1803d1d3929c585bd86c’, ‘x-envoy-upstream-service-time’: ‘600024’, ‘Via’: ‘1.1 google’, ‘Alt-Svc’: ‘h3=“:443”; ma=2592000,h3-29=“:443”; ma=2592000’}

{‘code’: ‘—able’,

‘help_url’: ‘http://developers.box.com/docs/#errors’,

‘message’: ‘Service Unavailable’,

‘request_id’: ‘0af1d3bebe91c1803d1d3929c585bd86c’,

‘status’: 503,

‘type’: ‘error’}

I am using below API for migration of folder:

folder_to_move = source_client.folder(folder_id)

destination_folder = target_client.folder(destination_folder_id)

moved_folder = folder_to_move.move(parent_folder=destination_folder)

why we are getting above issue. Will it be possible that it can migrate the large dataset even after getting above error.

Hi @user231 , welcome to the forum!

I’m a little uncertain of what are you trying to accomplish here.

Do you want to move a folder between users tha belong to the same enterprise box account, or between users that belong to completely different enterprise box accounts?

Let us know

move folder between users belongs to the same enterprise. I am able to migrate folders cross account within same organization. But after 10 mins I am getting 503 error. But the migration continues at the backend.

Hi @user231

That is somewhat unexpected, I recommend you open a support case, so our support can investigate and follow up with you.

From your description of the endpoint you are moving folders around, but since you mentioned transfer between accounts I’m wondering if you considered the ownership transfer. This will “move” all files, folders, and workflows, owned by a user into another user account.

This use case typically appears when you have a user leaving the company, so not sure if it applies to your use case.

Let us know if this helps:

Transfer Files & Folders

I have been given a list of root folder ID’s, which needs to migrate in target account not the whole data that lies in source account. But what I have found even though I am getting Service Unavailable error, migration still continues and the total no. of items within root folder continue migrating in target account. My only doubt is, will it be possible that I can loose data during Service Unavailable Error. But so far I have not encountered lost of datas.

Hi,

Dataloss is very unlikely, however that error needs to investigated.

Would you be so kind and open a support ticket (login required)? This way our team can investigate and figure out what is going on.

Cheers