Skip to main content

What is your favorite capability in Box that saves you time? clock

When I first started using Box (I think it was 2016?) at another company, Box was a game changer for my team. We regularly worked together on creating demo scripts, and the ability to collaborate without having to email a file and wonder which version was the latest, was a game changer.

Fast forward to today and so many capabilities have been added over the years that I now have so many new game changers! Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order)

• File request link - sending someone a link so they can upload a file

• Integration with Microsoft for co-authoring - ability to have multiple authors working in a file and saving automatically back to Box)

• Box Hubs (not yet GA) - Curating the best and most up-to-date content for sharing. Very zen way to access a corpus of content.

• BoxAI (not yet GA) - Creating and summarizing content. I can save so much time writing (probably should have used it for this post 😄)!

What are your favorite tips to save time in Box?

Those are great ideas Jen! I also have found some time savings with a few things: 

1. Creating Collections to sort my commonly visited folders/files (Hubs will supercharge this when GA)
  1. Using Box Notes to capture meeting minutes, project plans and general notes
  2. Using Box Drive on the go and marking files for offline access when i’m travelling so I can ensure I’m still being productive while on the road

I’m always in Box notes for aysnchronos collaboration around project, status tracking. I also like some of the features it has such as callouts, block quotes, tagging collaborators, highlighting text. More here

@JenG Box I too used Box before I started working here! I love love love Box Notes for ease of collaborating on projects and to-do lists both personally and professionally. Two Pulse requests I really hope make it to the roadmap are 👀🙏:

Collapsable sections in Box Notes

Drag to reorder lists and tables in Box Notes

Using Box AI with Notes to help generate content has been a major time-saver. 🔥

I’m also super excited about Box Hubs. It’s applicable across all LOBs, so easy to use, and makes publishing the best content for your intended audience, so simple 👌🏼. I love demo’ing Hubs for customers.