Skip to main content

I’ve been using Box on my Android phone for a while but it has now disappeared entirely. It is no longer in the Google Play Store. But it’s still available on Apple devices.

Does anyone know what has happened?

Hi @TJTJ 👋 Welcome to our community! Sorry to learn you encountered an issue with your Box mobile app.

We do not have an ongoing issue related to your concern. There could be several reasons why Box has disappeared from your Android phone such as (just to name a few) app/software updates or your device operating systems.

You may check these troubleshooting guide to help resolve your issue:

1. Software updates sometimes cause the apps to disappear temporarily or become hidden. Check your app list or recent updates.
  2. Issues with the phone’s operating system may also cause this. Please try restarting your device.
  3. If Box app is still missing and not appearing in Google Play Store, please search “Box for Android” using your web browser to install.
  4. In the event that you’re having trouble locating the app or having issue installing Box, please reach out to our Product Support using this support page.

Looking forward to have this sorted out! 🤗

Hi Jey,

I’ve had to search Box for Android as you suggested. It comes up with that search but says my phone isn’t compatible.

It WAS compatible, so how can I get an older build version back?

Hi @TJTJ Thanks for getting back to us. It would be best to get in touch with our Product Support using this support page for further troubleshooting. Hope to get this resolved soon! 😌