Skip to main content

While creating new app in enterprise account, getting “Error parsing PKCS private key for Box Developer Edition.”. Using box sdk 2.58.0.

Hi @ritika , welcome to the forum.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Perhaps share a code sample?

Box platform does not store your private key.

Assuming you’re talking about a JSON Web Token configured application, and are trying to get an access token, it seems your application is having trouble reading or parsing the private key.

If this is the case how did you generate the private/public keys?

If you used the box developer console, then the private key is encrypted it self, check if the passphrase is correct.

Let us know

Cheers

Hi all,

I am also facing the same issue i.e. “Error parsing private key for Box Developer Edition”.

I have created a free account and a custom app with server authentication using JWT, when making a connection, I am getting the above issue.

When I tried the same thing on a paid account the connection seemed to be working fine.

Queries

Is it happening because of a free account or anything else?

Can this issue come with a paid account too? if yes can you tell me the scenario?

Well it depends on the type of the free account.

If it is a free developer account, then no.

JWT application weed to be authorized first. Todo this, look for the authorization tab on the developer console for your app:

You must review and submit.

Then go to your administration console and approve the app:

If these options are not present then you have a free account as opposed to a developer free account.

Let us know if this helps