Skip to main content

The default home page of the Box web app is your All Files page, which can be sorted by name, updated date, or size, but what if you want more control over how your home page is organized?

You can create your own list of Favorites, or create multiple lists, known as Collections, and use either as your default home page. I personally find having my home page set to Favorites as a huge time saver because I can pin my most used folders and files there for easy access, which cuts down on time spent navigating or searching.

First, to add a file or folder to Favorites or a Collection, hover over it, click the star-in-a-box icon, and choose where you want to add it. More details and screenshots can be found on Box’s support site here: Using Collections.

Once your lists of Favorites or other Collections have been created, go to your Account Settings by clicking on your avatar or initials in the top right corner of the web app, and select ‘Account Settings’ from the drop-down menu. In the top section on ‘General Options’, you can change your default home page from All Files to Favorites, Recents, or My Collections. Any time you click the Box logo in the top of the left-hand menu, you’ll be brought back to the home page of your choosing.

Have any questions or additional tips on using Box? Drop a comment! I’m always on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency!

@LauraTagatac Box what type of collections do you create? 

@LauraTagatac Box what type of collections do you create? 

Great question! I’ve got a few that help me out in my role in pre-sales:

• Favorites - my most used files/folders across all areas
  • Solutions Engineering - internal resources from my org and team, e.g. running team meeting notes
  • Accounts - folders for the top customers I’m working with, which are automatically linked to their Salesforce account records as well through the Box for Salesforce integration
  • Product - technical resources for specific products and features of Box, like our roadmap slides

In customer conversations, some other common areas that I’ve seen Collections created for are Projects, Deal Rooms/Data Rooms, Events, Competitive Intel, and Product Designs.

Are there any others that you’ve seen or created for yourself @thomasdeely Box?

Some great use cases, I use collections to track quarterly performance check in conversations which I use our Box notes templates for