Skip to main content

Dear Forum,

For several months, I’ve been using Box drive for sync’ign with local folders - with no issue. Since last week, I can still login to the online box, but get an SSL error when trying to connect to the Box drive. I checked with my IT team (no change on that side), tried resetting password, no effect. I uninstalled/re-installed, but get to the same point. Coudl it be comign from a recent updates? Any ideas on how to address it?

Thanks!

2023-12-16 19:17:49.975 14628 INFO CompleteAuthenticati network_layer Got a SSLError so calling refresh_proxy_settings: BoxHTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.box.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth2/token (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘rSSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate signature failure (_ssl.c:997)’)))

Hi @user154, welcome to the forum!

This is odd.

Using an online SSL checker the box SSL certificate seems to be ok (you can check here)

It is valid and has been valid since Sep 19th 2023. I mention this because the most common issue is failure to get the new certificate when an old one expires.

Anyway, best I can do is convert this to create a support ticket from your post.

Best regards.

Also, see if this support note applies to you.

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the help, indeed a support ticket might be needed

Thanks,

Stéphane