Skip to main content

Hi, I want to set up a webhook or event detection whenever we request signature via Docusign on a Box file.

We are using the Docusign integration where you can click into a PDF file, open up the Activity Sidebar, and then click on “Send with Docusign”. I’ve attached a screenshot below displaying how we are currently doing this. Anytime this happens, I would like for a Box Webhook or the Events API to detect this event.

To set up a webhook or event detection for when you request a signature via DocuSign on a Box file, you can follow these steps:

Create a DocuSign Connect Configuration:
Go to the DocuSign Admin Console.
Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Connect.
Click on Add Configuration and select Custom.
Configure the webhook settings, specifying the events you want to track (e.g., envelope sent, envelope completed) and the URL of your webhook listener1.
Set Up Your Webhook Listener:
Create a webhook listener on your server that can receive and process the events from DocuSign. This listener should be able to handle HTTP POST requests and parse the JSON or XML payloads sent by DocuSign2.
Integrate with Box:
Use the Box API to interact with your Box files. When your webhook listener receives an event from DocuSign, it can use the Box API to perform actions such as logging the event or updating file metadata.
Deploy the Script:
Deploy your webhook listener script on a server that is accessible via the internet. Ensure it uses HTTPS for secure communication.
Here is a basic example of a webhook listener in Node.js:

JavaScript

const express = require('express');
const bodyParser = require('body-parser');
const app = express();

app.use(bodyParser.json());

app.post('/webhook', (req, res) => {
    const event = req.body;
    console.log('Received event:', event);

// Process the event and interact with Box API as needed
    // Example: Log the event or update Box file metadata

res.status(200).send('Event received');
});

app.listen(3000, () => {
    console.log('Webhook listener running on port 3000');
});

Test the Configuration:
Trigger a test event from DocuSign to ensure your webhook listener is correctly receiving and processing events.

Best Regards,
Aarp Membership