Skip to main content

Hello Box Developer Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently experiencing an issue with the Box UI Element’s Content Preview feature in our application. We are using this feature to preview PDFs, but we have noticed that the preview becomes unavailable after approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

We have confirmed that this issue also occurs in the official documentation, where the preview times out after the same duration. We are seeking a solution to prevent this from happening without requiring our users to clear their cache.

Additionally, we have identified that URLs from the domain dl.boxcloud.com, which are provided by Box for downloading, expire after 15 minutes. We suspect this might be related to the issue we are experiencing with the content preview timing out. Could anyone confirm if this expiration is affecting the preview functionality and provide guidance on how to handle it?

Here are a few considerations and questions we have:

1. Session Expiration: It seems the session might be expiring after 10 to 15 minutes. Is there a way to extend the session duration or implement a method to refresh the session periodically?

2. Caching Issues: The issue might be related to caching. Are there any recommended cache control headers or policies that we should implement to avoid this problem?

3. API Limitations: We understand that there might be limitations or rate limits with the Box API. Could anyone provide guidance on managing these limitations or confirm if they might be contributing to the issue?

4. Potential Bugs: There might be a bug within the Box UI Element or the API. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and are there any known fixes or workarounds?

Any insights or solutions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If additional details or logs are needed, I am happy to provide them.

Thank you for your support.

Hi @masayoshi_sawada

Welcome to the forum!

Let me see if I can find someone internally to help on this.