Skip to main content

Hello!

If anyone has worked or have been working on retrieving the Collaborations Report using Box API in Python and not from the Admin Console? If yes, I’m looking for possibilities to create the report and your knowledge/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Suvidha Vaddula

Hi @vaddula 👋 If you are looking to generate the Collaborations Report using the Box API in Python instead of through the Admin Console, here are some steps you can follow:

1. Authenticate with the Box API using your developer credentials (or using OAuth 2.0.).
2. Use the appropriate endpoint to retrieve collaboration information for your account.
3. Filter and process the retrieved data by the API to create your desired report.

You can also visit this resource for API reference😊 Let us know how it goes!

Thank you for the response Jey Bueno! I tried retrieving the report from my box account using the get_collaborations endpoint, but when I try to use a different account, it doesn’t work and the code runs for hours. I’m not sure if it requires any additional authentication since I got a authentication token expired error.

Great to hear back from you @vaddula and sorry to learn you encountered an issue when tried to use a different account.

I got a feedback internally that we’re unable to generate reports using the Box API, only the Box Admin Console. The endpoint I’ve shared could be a solution, however it only retrieves collaborations for each individual user. It’s still recommended to use the Admin Console for this report, and submit a pulse request. 💻

Thank you for the clarification @JeyBueno Box! I appreciate the effort and time you’ve given to answer my question. Have a nice day!

Suvidha.

You do the same, Suvidha! If you have other questions, thoughts and ideas in mind, please feel free to post it in our community. We’d be glad to see you around 😊