Skip to main content

I am using BOX for Salesforce, and I would like to use the default "Set Template Folder" flow to set up a template.

By default, the flow is executed when a record is created, and BOX folders are created for records that do not require them, just like other records.

I would like to change this so that the BOX folder is created when the "Create Folder" button is clicked, instead of when the record is created. How can I do this?

I am new to using BOX and Salesforce, so I would appreciate it if you could provide detailed instructions.

If I recall from my SF days (its been a few years) it can not differentiate between a record and a folder that way.  You might have to ping SF support about this.  However, I have had a similar problem with Slack (a SF product btw) to Box but solved it, not using Relay or the Slack API, but by using Zapier.  Zapier 💕 Box and can exploit any element of the API that other platforms cannot.  In my case, I wanted it so that when a user created a new channel in Slack, a new Box folder would created but ONLY if the channel named started with #project and not just any channel.  Zapier does this for me perfectly and its a transparent handoff.  I took a quick look to see if Zapier could do this for you and it can so might be worth a try if SF cannot help on the native integration.

@n.shigemi since you are new to Box and Salesforce, you may also be interested in our bi-monthly community series with our product expects on Box for Salesforce. Sign up here

Hi @n.shigemi!

It sounds like an autolaunched flow tied to a custom button could do the trick for you here. 

You can use the custom button to pass the ID of the record to the flow, store it in a flow variable, and then use Box Flow actions in the same way as your original flow.

In the examples shown in my screenshots below, I am using a custom button on the Account object, and passing the Account ID into the flow, but it will work with just about any object you need.

More information on the Salesforce-specific aspects of that approach here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/autolaunched-scheduled-flows/run-autolaunched-flow-from-custom-button