Skip to main content

What are the best reports I can run to help illustrate the value and usage of Box to my Executive Stakeholders?

Should I be looking at Active Usage? Logins? Certain types of action metrics?

Hello Kirby. 

There are several reports via the Admin Console that you can leverage to illustrate the value and usage of Box to your Executive Stakeholders. 

• Admin Insights - provides a comprehensive view of your organization’s Box usage, storage, and deployment statistics
  • User Activity - an overview of the most important actions your users are taking in Box
  • Box Sign - usage and activity for integrations and custom applications

There are several other reports you can pull based on the insights you want to present to your Executive team. List of reports can be found here. In addition, you can also schedule reports to be emailed to you on a specific cadence if you’re looking to report to your Executive team on a regular basis.

As value is subjective I would wager that whichever reports support your original reason and strategy behind moving to Box.  In my case, it was elements of efficiency, speed, and security at the top of the list followed closely by collaboration and data management.  Reporting on usage was great for a while but it became clear that we were using Box for 100% of our collaboration so that metric was met - and smashed - early on.  Nowadays we are focused on using employee satisfaction metrics as well as those which show our DLP efficacy in document protection.  All in all, it comes down to what you promised!