Box Local NYC: January 24, 2018 Recap
The first Box Local NYC event saw an unprecedented number of content management professionals register to join and even one traveling all the way from Philly (hey, Mike!). The response to this "call for community" was answered loud and clear and speaks to the immense interest from Box customers in and around the Big Apple to network and knowledge share.
At the event, the International Rescue Committee shared about how Box transformed the way their global teams collaborate together for efficiency and productivity. More than replacing department and individual drives with Box, the disaster relief organization also leveraged Box APIs for their intranet, grant management system, budgeting tool and a custom Emergency Response Portal.
IRC's story ignited a series of great conversation threads including -
- Training best practices
- How to improve searchability, including using metadata
- How to transition from network shares to Box
- Box Drive experience for Box Sync users
- Box Relay for basic business workflows
- Different folder structures and what results and culture they yield
- User management best practices, including auto-(de)provisioning
- Box Elements and APIs for custom apps
Folks that joined us at Box Local NYC: Any other key takeaways? Any follow up questions for your peers? Lets keep the great dialog going!
Also, we are planning our next in-person for the May/June timeframe; any particular topic you want to talk about with your peers? Anyone interested in leading the group in conversation?