change width of folder navigation left sidebar

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
First-time Contributor

change width of folder navigation left sidebar

Can I change the width of the left sidebar in the web app? I have folders in my favourites with long names and I would like to see the full name of the folder in the sidebar. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Box Employee

Re: change width of folder navigation left sidebar

Hi @shaded,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

The ability to expand the width of the left navigation menu is currently not possible in the WebApp. As a workaround, simply hover your cursor to the items listed under Favorites to see the full name of the contents you marked under this label.

The Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community! Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@France_ wrote:

Hi @shaded,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

The ability to expand the width of the left navigation menu is currently not possible in the WebApp. As a workaround, simply hover your cursor to the items listed under Favorites to see the full name of the contents you marked under this label.

The Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community! Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

I have this problem and read the solution too and would prefer to have the sidebar wider. The solution is not as helpful as having a wider sidebar because I have to check each link to see which one I need (when multiple files that start with the same three words, for example)

Highlighted
New Contributor

I got really good information from this content.thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I would also like to have a solution for this, specially because when you are added to BOX folders by different people with so strange names it is not easy to manage them and actually the are is really small

Highlighted
Box Employee

Hi @clpibm,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for following up on this feature request!

We've recently launched a new way to submit product feedback directly to our product team: Box Pulse. 

I see a similar request has been submitted and you can find the details here. You can up-vote that and join in the chain of feedback on how this will be useful in your organization.

Should any new functionality come out, we will definitely announce it in Box Product Updates. You can subscribe on this channel, just click the "Options" menu and choose "Subscribe" to be updated on latest Box releases.

Thanks for coming to Box Community, and have a great day!

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.