Upload embed widget

Occasional Contributor

Upload embed widget

I'm trying to embed an upload widget to my site. When I right click on the destination folder, I don't get an option for "upload embed widget", only "embed widget", which isn't what I'm looking for. The Box tutorial article shows a right-click menu different than the one I receive when I right-click. Any idea where I could find this option? Thank you.

7 REPLIES
Box Certified Professional

Re: Upload embed widget

@tmas33,

Have you looked under the ...More Actions submenu of the folder? What is your permission level on the folder?

Bob

Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I'm the sole owner of this account so I'm assuming that I have full permission by default, right?

When I click on "more actions", I only receive:

Trash

Sync

Rename

Embed Widget

Add or Edit Tags 

In the Box tutorial article, they show "Upload Embed Widget" as the last option. I don't get that.

Here's the article I'm referring to ...

https://community.box.com/t5/Sharing-Content-with-Box/Box-Upload-Embed-Widget/ta-p/29008

Thank you very much.

Occasional Contributor

Could it be that this is a Business feature? If so, they definitely don't make it clear. 

Box Employee

Hi @tmas33,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

Upload Embed Widget feature is not available for non-paying Personal accounts. It should work for Starter accounts and up but if you still having an issue despite of having these type of accounts, submit a ticket to our Support Team to help you investigate the issue.

More information on this article:

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Occasional Contributor

I just went to upgrade and it's forcing me to pay for 3 users @ $15/month or $180/year - which is way more than I need. I was willing to pay $5/month for myself to have this feature. Doesn't really make any sense. Is there no other way of having access to this feature? That's the only reason I even opened my account. Otherwise, I have no use for this account. Thanks.

Box Employee

Hi @tmas33,

Have you tried to contact our Billing team regarding your request? If not, you may email them at billing@box.com or call +18777294269.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for all your help @katrinaa

I just spoke with them and the only way to receive this feature is to pay for at least 3 users.

Makes absolutely no sense. They just lost a customer.

If anyone else is reading this, Dropbox has a "file request folder" option that could pretty much do the same thing but instead of posting a widget, you just give out a link. 

Thanks anyway, Box. Sayonara.