Tagging on search results page

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

Tagging on search results page

I'm able to tag documents just fine if I browse to them through folders, but if I do a search and then try to tag a document on the search results page (any document, including one I've previously tagged), I get the green bar saying the tag was saved but the tag never appears (if I reopen the tag dialog, the tag doesn't appear).  Is this a known issue?

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Tagging on search results page

Hi @crhill1979,

Thanks for your post and I was able to reproduce the same view. The tag does apply to the file but it does not automatically populate on the same search result page. However, when I visited the file in its location, I saw the tag was correctly applied. 

If you refresh your search page, you'll see the tag applied too!

New Contributor

After working through it with Support, we also discovered that this was the case.  We put in a feature request to change this, since this is inconsistent UI design (applying tags take effect immediately elsewhere on the site).  Thanks.

It does seem that this is still an issue.  I go to a file that is tagged, I click on that tag to show the results of other files with that same tag and I get 0 results?  I have refreshed the search page.

Regular Visitor

I need to be able to have my files populate in the search when they all have the same tag.  It's great that they are tagged, but without being able to sort or search by the tags, it's pretty useless.  Any help would be appreciated.

Users online (271)