Sorry! The preview hasn't loaded. This document may be protected

New Contributor

Sorry! The preview hasn't loaded. This document may be protected

One of our collaborators keeps getting the error message "Sorry! The preview hasn't loaded. This document may be protected" on whatever document they try to view or download.  We don't get it and none of our other collaborators do so its not an issue with the account. The collaborator's IT team say its not an issue on their end either.  Any ideas welcome!  Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sorry! The preview hasn't loaded. This document may be protected

What file format is it?  Do you have a screenshot?

New Contributor

I'm told its happening on all documents, most probably pdf or word. The screenshot I was sent is below:

cid:image001.png@01D35ECF.E9908480

Many thanks!

Box Employee

Hello @MirandaGraham

Thank you for your post!

Please try the troubleshooting steps below, if they do not work then please create a support ticket HERE

• Please note: Box’s supported browsers and versions can be found in this article.

If you continue to see the same issue, please feel free to open that support case!

New Contributor

Hi @ischlesinger,

I'm also facing the same issue while previewing the document via Box Content Preview JS SDK. The same preview works if I try the code the same file in JS fiddle. What could be the issue? Is there domain or any other restrictions for files to preview?

Thanks,

Akshay

Occasional Visitor

We have the same issue when we are using an internet proxy and firewall (company's network). Without internet proxy and firewall (standalone internet connection) this issue is not occurring. Everything else is working fine.

Can you investigate this issue?

Many Tnx,

Kim (IT department)

Hi @sonja_stankovic,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

Based on your statement, it seems your company's proxy and firewall is blocking Box previews. 

To prevent this issue, I'd suggest that you reach out to your IT department and have them follow the steps/tips on configuring your firewall to work with Box applications on this article: 

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Users online (1,225)