Boxnote fixed width font

Occasional Contributor

Boxnote fixed width font

I'm using Boxnotes to write documents that contain code-snippets and excerpts from logs.

I'd like to use a fixed-width font for these snippets, just like I can in this forum, but Boxnote doesn't allow me to select font and there's no style for fixed-width.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

For example:

int main() {
  if (sizeof (foo) != 0)
}
7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Boxnote fixed width font

Hi @oharboe,

Thank you for your post, that's a really interesting idea! Unforunately that is not a feature in Box Notes but this could be possibly explored for the product roadmap. 

The Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community!

First-time Contributor

I would like to second this request. Picking font family/style with fixed-width options or even just having a "code" quoteblock that uses a fixed-width font would be a highly valued feature for software developers.

I was looking for such a feature today and I was surprised that I was unable to find it.

First-time Contributor

Basically , we need ability to choose font in box note or fixed width font to begin with for code snippets to show. They look horrible is regular default fonts.

Box Employee

Hi @oharboe and @anabas

Thanks for your post and feedback!

We appreciate you following up on this product feature request. Currently our product team has not made any public announcements about this feature, but please continue to kudos or share your use case with us to show how this would benefit you.

Thanks for your time in the Community and appreciate your help!

First-time Contributor

Please support fixed-width fonts for code snippets.

First-time Contributor

I'd suggest beg bumping this up in priority, as it's critical for technical documentation for those of us in the software field.

Thank you!

Tags (2)
First-time Contributor

Yes! I've had many colleagues ask about such functionality as well. Is there a feature request we can follow and/or vote on?