Box Sync Not Working - Can't Copy Links - Mac

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

Box Sync Not Working - Can't Copy Links - Mac

I've been using Box from the finder in my Mac for over a year now, and today it's just not working. It's not syncing new folders/files I add to the system, and it's not allowing me to copy links to share them with coworkers. 

I've quit box sync then restarted it to see if that worked - no. 
I've restarted my computer to see if that worked - no. 
I've shut down my computer to see if that worked - no.

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Box Sync Not Working - Can't Copy Links - Mac

Hi @lauratherose,

Thanks for your detailed post about Box Sync. Have you checked out this page about some sync troubleshooting steps?

Specifically for a Mac, I also find that sometimes unchecking and rechecking the sync finder extension helps with any Box Sync or Drive window issue.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 2.42.16 PM.png

If this did not help, do you mind providing more information or even share a screenshot?

This will help out other members of the community to answer your question. Thank you!

New Contributor

My problem is that the icons aren't even appearing - so I can't tell if
it's healthy, and I cant right click to get copy the links anymore. I know
that it's syncing back to box because I can log into box and see that the
files are updating and copy links there, but that's an ANNOYING extra step.
Screenshot attached.
Community Manager

Hi @lauratherose,

I'm sorry, but I don't see the screenshot, but yes you're right that it sucks to have Sync running without the proper indications of the icons.

This would be something our Box Support team would like to investigate with you and will require specific account information.

You can also try submitting your sync logs too. Once you do that, you should contact Box Support to help you directly.

Occasional Visitor

The inability to right click to copy share links disappeared for me randomly, and this check/uncheck in the Extensions pane of System Preferences fixed it for me. Thank you!

Thank you!!!! That worked

Users online (1,196)