Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings requested

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings requested

We've been using Box Drive since launch, and it's been an incredible improvement in our workflow. Only a small issue has made it notably less useful in saving time, and is a known issue documented here (https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Drive-Known-Issues-and/Windows-Specific-Known-Issues-nbsp-for....

Our file name and directory lengths are wider than the default for Box Drive/Windows. Normally Windows remembers preferences around column width, but in this case, as you know, Box Drive does not. This causes us to have to manually resize the "Name" field in every folder/directory, every time we access one. Therefore each user is having to do this perhaps dozens of times a day--- a lot of unnecessary time wasted. 

Of course, Box Drive solves so many problems in our workflow that this is a relatively small nuisance--- but possibly one of the most important issues outstanding to us for future development with the Box Drive application.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your hard work on this project--- it's much appreciated and valued. 

16 REPLIES

Re: Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings requested

I just wanted to "second" this message comment.  My company uses the same long folder names. Having Box Drive recognize the windows column settings would be extremely helpful. 

Box team, please consider this improvement request. 

Otherwise, we love Box Drive! 

Hi @RichLMS,

Thank you for your post, that's a really interesting idea!

The Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community!

New Contributor

I have been wondering why Windows won't save the view settings for my Box folders. This is an annoying behavior that I encounter every time I navigate through folders.

Regular Visitor

I agree with this comment 100%!  Love Box Drive so far, but PLEASE add the autosizing feature!!!

Community Manager

Hi @DaveNadolski and @cqwilson,

This feature request is with our team and they are looking to add this to Box Drive's roadmap in the coming year.

Thank you for your patience! 

If you'd like to see this feature implemented, please add your comment or kudos the top post for more visibility!

New Contributor

Agree 100% - I spent an hour trying to figure it out until I ran across this community blog addressing it. PLEASE fix this annoying issue. Thank you!

Occasional Visitor

Totally agree that this is a HUGE annoyance and waste of time!  In the mean time, until BOX can fix the issue, didn't know if you guys were aware of the keyboard shortcut to autosize the column widths in windows explorer (Ctrl + "+") on the number pad on the right side of most standard keyboards. If you have the windows explorer window active and hit that keyboard combo it should automagically resize the columns. Use that shortcut pretty much all the time. 

Regular Visitor

Box Drive is great.  Would like to see the column resize issue resolved as soon as possible. 

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Appreciate your feedback! To provide some insight, the Box Drive team is aware of this issue and are looking to address this in a future release.

If you have any other questions, please comment below!

New Contributor

I could not agree more. Box Drive is working much better for us as well as Box Sync was starting to bog our computers down with the amount of files being synced.

Although a small nuisance as stated above, I would greatly appreciate this to be fixed as well.

Thanks

New Contributor

Yes please, Box please fix this!  Our company has started to complain about this.  Its a time waster and we really hope it can be fixed asap.  Adding a lot of extra time for each of us when looking for docs.

New Contributor

Yes please, Box please fix this!  Our company has started to complain about this.  Its a time waster and we really hope it can be fixed asap.  Adding a lot of extra time for each of us when looking for docs.

Tags (1)
New Contributor

Box drive is amazing and our growing company thanks you for it.  Please don't make us wait a long time for the file folder view settings fix.  Its really a time waster for a busy company to do this to every folder, every visit all day long.

Hoping this fix is coming along quickly...

Last response was from 3 months ago.

It would also really help me out at work as well!

Thank you Box team!

Our company is eagerly awaiting this feature as well. One addendum, if I may. While Box Drive remembering the adjustments to individual visited/modified folders would be very useful, what would be even more helpful is if the column view setting could be applied to all sub-folders or Box Drive as a whole. Otherwise the adjustments would have to be made every time a new folder is created/visited.

Thank you very much for your attention and feedback thus far.

Tags (1)

I agree completely. This would be such a big help. A seemingly small thing, but it is very annoying multiple times a day, every day!

I hope you'll make it an essential fix/update!

Users online (434)