Box Sync system requirements for Macs
- The two most recent OS versions.
- HFS, HFS+, or APFS formatted hard drive
Mac install steps
- Download the Box Sync Installer DMG file.
- Open the DMG file when the download is complete.
- Drag the Box Sync app icon into your Applications folder.
- Double-click on Box Sync in your Applications folder.
Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of your Finder window.
Box Sync system requirements for Windows
- Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit
- Windows 8, 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- NTFS formatted hard drive
- Microsoft .NET Framework .NET 4.5.2 or greater *
- Internet Explorer 11
* Microsoft ended support for .NET framework 4.0, 4.5 and 4.5.1 on Jan 12 2016. We encourage customers to upgrade to the latest version of .NET in order to continue receiving technical support.
Windows install steps
- Download the Box Sync Setup EXE file.
- Open the EXE file from where the file was downloaded to Windows, and follow the installation instructions.
- Box Sync starts automatically when the installation completes.
Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of Windows Explorer. Alternately, right-click the Box Sync icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of your screen - near the clock) and click Open Sync Folder.
Changing the location of the Box Sync folder