*Effective Box Sync 4.0.5024, you can sync Mac packages to and from Box.*
Mac Packages and Box Sync
While Mac packages present several challenges, Box has designed a workflow that allows you to view and edit these files using Box Sync. Here are some details to keep in mind:
- New packages: You can only sync new uploads of Mac packages. Any package uploaded to Box (using the upload folder method provided by some browsers) prior to the release of this feature will no longer sync automatically. See the following problem file notifications for more information:
- Uploads to the Box web application:
- Uploading a new version via the web application: Not allowed.
- Uploading a package via the web application: Prevented in many cases because these technologies cannot successfully upload a package. In cases where a package can be uploaded (for example, Chrome + drag-and-drop), they appear as a folder (and may cause some associated issues).
- Box Edit (web application): Disabled for packages
- Upload New Version (web application): Disabled for packages
- Preview (web application): Not supported for packages
- Uploading iWork or .pkg Files
- Syncing Mac packages (and other frequently-asked questions)
- Problem file notifications