Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Time in logs is 2 hours behind

New post

Comments

3 comments

• jcleblanc

Hi ,

What type of application are you using when you are trying to fetch the logs, OAuth2 or the JWT / OAuth 2 application?

I could be wrong about assumptions here without knowing more, but here's what I'm thinking: Your enterprise admin settings for users are set so that new users are automatically set to Pacific time. If you're using a JWT application and making the call from the service account of the application (for a JWT app) and not the user account that you have set to central, it's entirely possible that the logs would be coming back as pacific time.

If that might be a case you can check by trying to fetch the current user information, then check the returned timezone to see what it may be set as. If the assumptions are correct then you can update the user for the service account to set the correct timezone if you'd like.

If all of that is wrong we can dig in further if you have details about the app type and potentially the code that you're running.

Thanks,

Jon

Comment actions Permalink
  • christinek2

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the response. I'm using OAuth2 to fetch the logs.

Is the user account I want to check the one listed under the OAuth 2.0 credentials in the application?

Thank you,

Christine

• christinek2

Hi Jon,

I changed the user account I set the application up with to the correct time zone, central and verified with the get current user it is now sent to the central timezone. I am still seeing the logs with a timestamp of pacific time though.

Thank you,

Christine

Please sign in to leave a comment.