Template folder tree in salesforce opportunities

Highlighted
New Contributor

Template folder tree in salesforce opportunities

when a user clicks create new folder on salesforce opportunity, i want it to create a template of sub folders (enquiry, pricing, technical etc.) I have no idea how to do this...Step 1.pngStep 2.pngStep 3.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Template folder tree in salesforce opportunities

Hello Lewis,

I am no expert, but I found the documentation example helpful for this:

// Instantiate the Toolkit object
box.Toolkit boxToolkit = new box.Toolkit();

// Create a folder and associate it with an account
Id accountId = '***number removed for privacy***FBozz';
String accountFolderId = boxToolkit.createFolderForRecordId(accountId, null, true);
system.debug('new item folder id: ' + accountFolderId);

// Create two sub-folders in the newly created account folder
String legalFolderId = boxToolkit.createFolder('Legal Documents', accountFolderId, null);
system.debug('Legal Folder id: ' + legalFolderId);
String pictureFolderId = boxToolkit.createFolder('Pictures', accountFolderId, null);
system.debug('Picture Folder id: ' + pictureFolderId);

// Collaborate the current user on the account folder. Note that we're sending false for the optCreateFolder param that shouldn't actually matter since the folder(s) already exists 
Id userId = UserInfo.getUserId();
box.Toolkit.CollaborationType collabType = box.Toolkit.CollaborationType.EDITOR;
String collabId = boxToolkit.createCollaborationOnRecord(userId, accountId, collabType, false);
system.debug('new collaboration id: ' + collabId);

// ALWAYS call this method when finished. Since salesforce doesn't allow http callouts after dml operations, we need to commit the pending database inserts/updates or we will lose the associations created
boxToolkit.commitChanges();

I created a trigger on our Case object that takes the Case Attachments and Creates the Box folder, uploads the files to Box, and then creates subfolders using the code above.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Hi, Everyone,

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

New to Box and the Salesforce Toolkit...I'm trying to replicate this creation of a folder template for each Opportunity, in my case doing it in a Trigger. My code is below.

I am able to get the folderId for the first folder, but I don't know where it is actually created. Then my subfolders are just not created. What am I missing? My apologies if it's elementary, as I'm not much of a developer.

trigger createLoanFolders on Opportunity (before update) {
// Instantiate the Toolkit object

for(Opportunity o : Trigger.new){

box.Toolkit boxToolkit = new box.Toolkit();

// Create a folder and associate it with an opportunity

String oppFolderId = boxToolkit.createFolderForRecordId(o.Id, null, true);
system.debug('new item folder id: ' + oppFolderId);

// Create two sub-folders in the newly created account folder
String financialsFolderId = boxToolkit.createFolder('Company Financials', oppFolderId, null);

system.debug('Company Financials Folder id: ' + financialsFolderId);
String healthFolderId = boxToolkit.createFolder('Health Benefits', oppFolderId, null);
system.debug('Health Benefits Folder id: ' + healthFolderId);

// Collaborate the current user on the account folder. Note that we're sending false for the optCreateFolder param that shouldn't actually matter since the folder(s) already exists
Id userId = UserInfo.getUserId();
box.Toolkit.CollaborationType collabType = box.Toolkit.CollaborationType.EDITOR;
String collabId = boxToolkit.createCollaborationOnRecord(userId, o.Id, collabType, false);
system.debug('new collaboration id: ' + collabId);

// ALWAYS call this method when finished. Since salesforce doesn't allow http callouts after dml operations, we need to commit the pending database inserts/updates or we will lose the associations created
boxToolkit.commitChanges();

////

}

}

Thanks so much!

Chris

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Are you the Box Admin? You could search under the root folder for the specific Opportunity folder.

It could also be that the FRUP records are not created - these tell Box and SF that you should have access (Read/Write) based on your SF permissions to the object - the Opportunity in this case.

I found lots of info in the Custom Settings in SF - look for "Folder Details" to find your root folders and their Ids.