Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Register API app without admin right

Answered
New post

Comments

4 comments

• Kourtney

Hello, 

Thanks so much for using the Platform and Development Forum. 

Can you please clarify what you mean by "register"? If you're referring to whitelisting the application in the admin console, because your admin has disabled unpublished application by default, you must get approval from your primary admin. As a managed user, you are required to abide by the security settings they have put in place. 

Best, 

Kourtney

Comment actions Permalink
  • sylvain-se

Thank you for your response. 

By register my application, you're right, I mean whitelisting it in the admin console. 

Unfortunately, my admin will not whitelist my application. It is a big company and I can not even ask him. I am looking for a solution to just browse my box content (with my user privileges). In term of security, there is no issue since I will just be authenticated as my user. 

Is there any way to script and automated some processes in Box, without asking admin to whitelist an application ? 

• Howard

Hi ,

You will need the admin to whitelist the application since it is the enterprise settings that the admin console sets.

• sylvain-se

Hi,

Unfortunately I can not ask him. I have to give up my project because of that.

Thank you for your response.

Please sign in to leave a comment.