Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Need help with refresh token expiry information? I'm getting "Refresh Token has expired".

New post

Comments

3 comments

• anoland

Hey  

Can you share additional details about the request you are making? It would be helpful to see a code snippet, what URL you are posting to, and what auth type you are intending to use.

In the meantime, we have some guides on authentication and further documentation on developer.box.com including this one on refreshing access tokens.

Comment actions Permalink
  • Hari16892

Hi  ,

Thanks for your reply. 

Request details 

Url " https://api.box.com/oauth2/token

I am getting this error while refreshing my access token. 

• jcleblanc

Hi ,

This is most likely due to using an old refresh token being used. Essentially if a refresh token is not used within 60 days it becomes invalid, at which point the user needs to be re-authenticated by going through the full auth process. Docs on that here

Should that not be the issue and the full description is off, you can also check that there isn't a date/time mismatch between Box servers and your local machine. Typically a different error would be shown, but just to make sure, update the Unix time on your machine to match a synchronized time server. You can then try to request again.

- Jon

Please sign in to leave a comment.