Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Metadata Date Field Interface Limits

New post

Comments

4 comments

• Murtza

Just to clarify, are you saying the API is limiting the value you can set for date field on metadata template to ten years, but in the web app you are able set it to an older date? 

Comment actions Permalink
  • randolphj

Thanks for the reply .

When setting a date metadata field through the box web interface (not the API), the fields provided were limiting me to 10 years in the past. I found that through the user interface I could "inch" it backwards 10 years at a time.

Admittedly, I didn't follow up on this issue with the API since we changed our approach here to use a Number metadata field for tracking dates. 

Just for future reference, it's my understanding that Metadata fields with the Date type can only go back to Jan 1, 1970. Is that correct?

• pandacantante

Agreed this is a limitation. Why aren't you allowed to just type a date when setting metadata? Even setting dates that do show within the 10 year menu is painful. It's so slow to have to click through using a GUI for date selection.

• wwb099

Hi - 2020 checking in, this is still a problem. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.