JWT python SDK '400' boxsdk.exception.BoxAPIException: Message: A request parameter was invalid

Highlighted
New Contributor

JWT python SDK '400' boxsdk.exception.BoxAPIException: Message: A request parameter was invalid

I got the error message when I try to run API with my approved JWT App. I used the SDK of JWT in Python and I am sure that my admin user has already approved my JWT application. I found two same issues in the community but there is no solution for this issue. The two issues are JWT Authentication fails to obtain the user access token & boxsdk.exception.BoxOAuthException forJWT authorization Python

The code was: 

auth = JWTAuth.from_settings_file('/Path_to_file/config.json')
client = Client(auth) 
service_account = client.user().get()
print('Service Account user ID is {0}'.format(service_account.id))

I used the 'Generate a Public/Private Keypair' in the Developer Console and downloaded the config_json file. I check the client-ID and secrect, all should be the right one. 
The json file looks like: 

{
  "boxAppSettings": {
    "clientID": "............................",
    "clientSecret": "..............................",
    "appAuth": {
      "publicKeyID": "xxxxx",
      "privateKey": "-----BEGIN ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY-----\nMIIFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXp\nXJA=\n-----END ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY-----\n",
      "passphrase": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
    }
  },
  "enterpriseID": "XXXXX"

The error response: 

boxsdk.exception.BoxOAuthException:
URL: https://api.box.com/oauth2/token
Method: POST

Could someone help me with this error message? What should I change or deal with this problem?@Jason62 @cbetta @zkimmell 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Box Employee

Re: JWT python SDK '400' boxsdk.exception.BoxAPIException: Message: A request parameter was invalid

Please open a support ticket at support.box.com 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: JWT python SDK '400' boxsdk.exception.BoxAPIException: Message: A request parameter was invalid

yes, I already opened a ticket.