Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Integration layer

New post

Comments

3 comments

• jcleblanc

Hi ,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the webinar content, but let me see if I can provide some guidance.

Typically what you'll want to have in the application is to use Box's systems to visualize the content. So basically you would have the content stored in a Box application then use a UI tool such as Box Elements to uses Box's integrations with those application types to load the content. Here are some links that might help:

• Box Elements: These will be the UI components that will allow you to preview content stored on Box. 
    • Box embed: This will allow you to display files as HTML 5 components, so they will work cross-functionally between environments.
    • Setting up a JWT app: If you want to work directly with the file content (download / upload / etc) you'll want to set up an application. This will guide you through that.

Hope that helps, but if there is something specific that you'd like to delve down into I'd be happy to jump in.

Jon

Comment actions Permalink
  • matthewcocook

Thanks  

We have all the basics (upload, permissions, search, view, annotate, ... ) working, what we're trying to do is document signing (adobe sign and docusign) and collaborative editing (office365 and google docs). I want to just trigger the existing box integrations rather than re-write from scratch. 

I've tried the 'box open with' functionality, and it's not production ready. The google sheets integration is flakey (and labeled beta), and the adobe sign integration never worked correctly, and now appears to be disabled on box's end. 

adobe sign error page.PNG

Any guidance would be great, thanks. 

-Matt

• jcleblanc

Hi ,

Beyond working with the systems that you've already mentioned, the only other one that I would test out would be Box Embed to programmatically inject the Box file / folder visualizer to leverage off of the Box file access capabilities. That should mimic the capabilities of the core Box web app. 

- Jon

Please sign in to leave a comment.