Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

How to remove the "Actions" menu from a Box Embed Widget

New post

Comments

2 comments

• Howard

Hi ,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums.

Box Embed Widgets will follow the same permissions of a shared link so if the file has a shared link that is public (anyone with the link), the Box Embed Widget will display for any user.

Similarly then, Box shared links can remove the ability to download files which will remove the option in the Box Embed Widget as well. There will always be the option to have the user to go to their Box files and login to their Box account from Box embed.

To remove the ability to download from shared link settings, check out this article or see the image below. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.14.59 AM.png

Hope that helps ! Great username claim. 

Comment actions Permalink
  • Karinne Berstis

Hello,

I am similarly trying to use the embed widget without the option to download, but whenever I follow the instructions indicated above by creating a shared link with view only privileges, the embedded item (a video) shows up as blank with a small dropdown menu to log in, unless I'm logged into my Box account. We'd like it to show up for anyone regardless of whether they have a Box account, but just not be able to download it. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thank you,

Karinne

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.