Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Getting the colloborated user id of the folder

Answered
New post

Comments

3 comments

• Jason

Hi ,

Thanks for your question! Box's Java SDK includes comments and snippets on how to return information about collaborations on a file or folder:

https://github.com/box/box-java-sdk/blob/master/doc/collaborations.md

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Jason

Comment actions Permalink
  • tuser5

Hi ,

I have gone through the api but we dont have an option to get the collaborated user id. I tried all the methods of the api but it is not returning the user id. Could you please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kalyan

• BB_Jake

what exactly are you looking for?

If you retrieve a list of collaborations for a file or folder, you have access to all users/groups listed as collaborators which includes the user's name and login email address.

BoxFolder boxFolder = new BoxFolder(boxAPIConnection, "12345");
        List collaborators = (List) boxFolder.getCollaborations();
        for (BoxCollaboration.Info collaborator : collaborators) {
          if (collaborator.getAccessibleBy() instanceof BoxUser.Info) {
            BoxUser.Info boxUserInfo = (BoxUser.Info) collaborator.getAccessibleBy();
            System.out.println("User name : " + boxUserInfo.getName());
            System.out.println("Email Address : " + boxUserInfo.getLogin());
          } 
          else if (collaborator.getAccessibleBy() instanceof BoxGroup.Info) {
            BoxGroup.Info groupInfo = (BoxGroup.Info) collaborator.getAccessibleBy();
            List boxGroupMembershipInfos = (List) groupInfo.getResource().getMemberships();
            for (BoxGroupMembership.Info membershipInfo : boxGroupMembershipInfos) {
              System.out.println("User name : " + membershipInfo.getUser().getName());
              System.out.println("Email Address : " + membershipInfo.getUser().getLogin());
            }
          }
        }

Please sign in to leave a comment.