Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Files disappeared after creating a custom app

New post

Comments

5 comments

• anoland

hey  

Have you checked your trash

Comment actions Permalink
  • Box User

I'm having the exact same problem. Is there a solution?

• Judy

Same thing happened to me. No response from anyone on how to recover.

• Adrien Fallou

The exact same thing has just happened to me – no folders show up anymore in the "all files" view.
    Those folders still exist though, I can click on them from the "recent items" view; but once in each folder there are no files.
    If I go to the "recent items" view and click on one of those files I can't see anymore in the (now disappeared) folder hierarchy, it says "sorry, we couldn't load preview. This document may be protected".

I'm guessing that creating a custom app changed the scope/access of my account – but I'm not sure how to recuperate from that.

• Adrien Fallou

Ok I fixed it.
    It seems like when creating a custom app the account is transformed into an enterprise account. There's only one user in it, but that user doesn't have access to the enterprise's folder by default.

For me, there was a new link on the bottom left of my account, "Admin console". I went there, and under "users and groups" clicked on my user. At the bottom of the pane, there's a section saying "select which folders this user can access". I clicked on "created or add folders" at the bottom, and the pop-up that opened showed all the "disappeared" folders in my account. I added them to the ones my user can access, one by one.

Please sign in to leave a comment.