Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Connector from Captiva Capture to Box

New post

Comments

3 comments

• jcleblanc

While I don't have a direct connector that I can share to shuttle the documents from Captiva Capture to Box, I can provide some guidance on areas to look at for storing the information. Here are a few of the areas that are worth looking into:

1. Application: You'll want to use the JWT/OAuth app setup documentation. Since you'll have an app that is transferring the documents over this will prevent you from having to include a user involvement step to approve the application specifically for their account. More data on the differences in app types is available here.
    2. File upload: We have a number of guides here on pushing files into Box and working with them.
    3. Ancillary data: You may have a host of digital data about the files that were uploaded to Capture. For that I would suggest storing the data in a metadata template format on each of the associated files that are uploaded. More information on setting up the template is available here. You can then use that template format when you create metadata on the files through this call.

Hope that helps,

Jon

Comment actions Permalink
  • BalaBan

This is good to know , I was kind of just starting with BOX and digging into to find a solution where we can export the documents from Captiva and map the extracted data from Captiva to folders/documents in the BOX and folder them in BOX based on the extracted data and type of documents that are coming from Captiva. 

So my first thing to start with is to have OAuth connection from Captiva Capture process, but Captiva capture only supports C# and VB.net, wondering if I can make use of .Net sample code that is provided in BOX Development. 

Is there sample code for C# for OAuth connection. 

Thank you. 

• BalaBan

I have progressed till step 4 and got struck at step 5 .

Step 1: Created and Configure a JWT Application

Step 2: Generated a Public / Private Keypair

Step 3: Granted Access for the Application in the Enterprise for the App that I created as JWT application

Step 4: Installed PIP and SDK  

Step 5: Authenticate with JWT (SDK)

Thank you for the help

Please sign in to leave a comment.