Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Cannot get thumbnails for each page in pdf

New post

Comments

4 comments

• jcleblanc

Hi ,

Yes, you sure can. I believe the best option for what you're describing will be the thumbnail representations API. I also have this writeup on using the representations APIs that might be helpful.

- Jon

Comment actions Permalink
  • BuyerDeck

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I did go through the documentaion before and now again but the only thing I get for the thumbnail representation for the document is this kind of url which can't be resolved, resource not found:
    https://public.boxcloud.com/api/2.0/internal_files/517440829614/versions/547961454414/representations/png_paged_1024x1024/content/
    I can get thumbnail easily for any type of document, but one thumbnail, I don't see how to access specific thumbnails per specific document pages...

• BuyerDeck

Hi again,
     Thank you and sorry for wasting your time. I can't believe I completely overlooked whole section of the documentation. I read Single-page images representations as something else and skipped it every time. Sor

• jcleblanc

Hi ,

No need to apologize at all, I'm happy to help, and that section of the docs is rather difficult to find. We're actively working on new versions of the docs over at box.dev to make it easier to find items like this.

Good luck with your project!

- Jon 

Please sign in to leave a comment.