Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Box Content Previewed from Web Link Can Not Be Printed

New post

Comments

3 comments

• Howard

Hi 

Thank you for your post, that's a really interesting idea! Could you tell us more about how you would use this at your company? Maybe other people have experienced this too!

The Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Comment actions Permalink
  • BDecker

Sure thing.

Our website uses the API to retrieve a file from Box via a shared link which is visible to anyone with the link.  Obviously so that the perpetual link in Box connects the web site link on the website to a living document so that any updates are immediatley available.

Again, the user obviously has to learn that download and print is necessary to get it printed rather than just clicking Print somewhere.  In this use case, the document could be anything from a Meeting Agenda to a research paper and having the ability to print here would better emulate actual website content.

Is it possible we are out of the "mainstream" deployment of Box or are incorrectly leveraging the API?

• mdstamm

This is also a big problem for us. I'm using Box as a document repository for some documents that need to be accessed and potentially printed by anyone within our institution. Users (mostly physicians) are complaining about having to download the document and THEN print it. They would like a print option from preview. I agree that this should be basic functionality.  But I can't - and shouldn't have to - give hundreds of people "Viewer" privileges just so they can print. Unless there are other options I'm overlooking?

Please sign in to leave a comment.