Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Comments

3 comments

• Kourtney

Hi , 

Great question --- I'm not clear on which of the situations below you're referring to so I'll address both! 

1.) If the email address associated with the user you're creating already has an existing Box account, an invitation to join your enterprise will be sent to them to accept. This cannot be suppressed or auto-accepted. The user will have to decide themselves whether they would like their account to become a managed user of your enterprise or not. 

2.) If the email address associated with the user you're creating does not have an existing Box account, one will be created and a confirmation email will be sent to the user. The only way to suppress these is to make your enterprise SSO required. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Comment actions Permalink
  • TimOdell

Please elaborate on this statement:  "The only way to suppress these is to make your enterprise SSO required. "

• Kourtney

As a security measure, we make users confirm their email address. However, if you have an IDP in place and your enterprise is SSO required, this means that each Box user must pass through your Identity Provider for registration. Since your Identity Provider is then handling all the user validation, the confirmation step on Box’s side redundant.

Please sign in to leave a comment.