Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

403 Forbidden on dicom import widget uploads

New post

Comments

3 comments

• cbetta

Hi  , what authentication method are you using? JWT? Standard OAUth 2? It's likely that the access token you are using represents a user that does not have access to the folder, or does not have upload permissions. You can call the `GET /users/me` endpoint to check which user the app represents.

Comment actions Permalink
  • faceless105

Yeah. The app is setup for oauth 2.0 with JWT and has the scopes for read and write all files and folders in box.

Doing  a GET /users/me I get:

Array
    (
        [type] => user
        [id] => xxx
        [name] => xxx
        [login] => xxx
        [created_at] => 2020-04-17T12:57:50-07:00
        [modified_at] => 2020-04-17T12:57:50-07:00
        [language] => en
        [timezone] => America/New_York
        [space_amount] => 999999999999999
        [space_used] => 0
        [max_upload_size] => ***phone number removed for privacy***
        [status] => active
        [job_title] => 
        [phone] => 
        [address] => 
        [avatar_url] => xxx
        [notification_email] => Array
            (
            )

)

I hid the user id, name, login, and avatar, but they're all there. As far as having access to the folder in question, I added the app user as a co-owner and when I use the API through PHP for https://api.box.com/2.0/folders - I can create a new folder in it.

This leads me to believe that my issue is likely specific to the dicom import tool or related to dicom files in general since they seem to go through a bit of a different process in general.

• cbetta

Im stumped here as well. If you are part of a paying enterprise then you can open a ticket and our support team might be able to determine the exact error of why your API fails.

Please sign in to leave a comment.