New and Boxworks 2018: Thanks to the Box.org team and community!

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

New and Boxworks 2018: Thanks to the Box.org team and community!

Hi everyone! I just joined the Box.org online community. My name is Regina Walton. I'm on the hunt for a new career opportunity, but my labor of love is the SFTech4Good community. I've led the community since 2011. SFTech4Good has almost 5,000 members. The group is part of a worldwide network of groups created and sponsored by Techsoup.org. We're based in San Francisco. Smiley Happy  We meet regularly to learn and talk about how technology is being used for social impact from non-profits to for-profit orgs. I was double-major in college and have two grad degrees, learning is something that I love. This is a perfect group for me to lead. I also try to make sure that we always have a great holiday party!

Speaking of great, this year's Boxworks was really amazing. It keeps getting better every year! I spent most of my time at the Women's Summit, which featured some great sessions including one with someone I know personally: Kimberly Bryant, Founder and Executive Director of Black Girls Code. I had to be there!

The Box.org party was a lot of fun. I had a chance to see great folks that I already knew and meet so many amazing people. There is, at least, one SFTech4Good event in the works as a result of those conversations!

Definitely feel free to check out SFTech4Good, join our email list, and our event page on Meetup! You can always send me a message directly if you have any questions or suggestions!