As a Box Admin or Co-admin, you can use the Content Manager to access your users’ files and folders. You can easily preview, download, share, or delete files from the Admin Console, without logging into the user’s account
You can also search for content across the organization, applying advanced search filters as needed to narrow down your results. Content Manager grants you the ability to easily manage files and folders across your organization, from the Admin Console.
With Content Manager, you can:
- Browse by user to see the files and folders he/she can access
- Download files and folders
- Search for files and folders across your organization
- Move files between folders
- Invite collaborators to folders or get shared links and modify access levels
- Permanently delete files and folders from any user’s Trash (if enabled for Admins and Co-admins)
Email Notifications to Users
No email notifications will be sent in response to any action authorized Admins or Co-admins take in Content Manager. Users will not be notified by email about any actions authorized Admins or Co-admins take in Content Manager.
The only email notifications that will be sent will be invitations to folders or files sent using the send link or invite collaborator functionality.
Check out the following articles for more information about managing your organization's files and folders:
- How do I view a user's files and folders from the Admin Console?
- How do I search through content from the Admin Console?
- How do I share files and folders from the Admin Console?
- How do I move files and folders from the Admin Console?
- How do I export folder trees?
- How do I delete files and folders from the Admin Console?