Note: These steps apply to Internet Explorer only. Chrome and Firefox utilize HTML5 for Folder Uploads.

If you're having trouble with "Upload Folders" in Box on Windows 7 with IE, you will first want to make sure Java is allowed to run when using the function. To check this:

1. Try Upload Folders. It should show confirmation dialogs for: 
    1. the accompanying certificate has been verified, and
    2. request permission to install the certificate and Run the application

In Internet Explorer click "Allow" to let the folder uploader launch:

Click Run on the Java popup dialog:

If the steps above don't resolve the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Java:

1. Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Find "Java" in the list and Uninstall it
  2. Remain in Control Panel > Folder Options > Click the "View" tab > and add a "check-mark" in the option: "Show hidden files, folders". Click OK
  3. Go to My Computer > Hard Disk Drive C: > Users > Your UsernameAppData > LocalLow
    For example: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\
  4. Look for and delete any "Sun" folder (which will contain a copy of the certificate verification details)
  5. Also delete any "Java" folder (although there is unlikely to be one if the uninstall worked in step 1).
  6. Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > Click the "View" tab > and remove the "check-mark" in the option: "Show hidden files, folders". Click OK
  7. Restart computer.
  8. Install latest version of Java.
  9. Now try Upload Folders.

Related articles:

Where Can I Check To See If I Am Running The Latest Versions Of Java And Flash?