An external user is a Box user who collaborates in folders with you or one of your managed users, but is not a managed user in your account.
To view and manage the external users associated with your account, follow this procedure:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console.
- Click Users & Groups.
- Under the External Users tab, locate the user to edit and click More Options.
- From the drop-down menu, you have the following options:
- Change User Settings: Use this option to change the access level that this user has to folders in your account as well as add this user to additional folders.
- Remove User from All Folders: Use this option to remove the user as a collaborator from any folder owned by you or any managed users in your account.
- Invite to Join as Managed User: Use this option to send an email invitation to the user to join your account as a managed user, with a prompt to either accept or deny. This option will not appear for users who are currently part of another Business or Enterprise account.