With Groups, Enterprise admins have the ability to add multiple users to folders and assign access permissions quickly and easily. When implemented effectively, groups streamline deployment and make long-term user management much simpler.
Please note that only users within your organization (managed users) can be added to Groups. You cannot add external users to your managed Groups.
To Create a Group:
1. Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console
2. Click on the Users icon, and open the Groups tab
3. Click the Create button to begin creating a group.
4. Enter the name of the Group. A description is optional. Then specify who can invite this group to folders and view the members of the group. You can choose to limit these permissions to your entire company, the members of this group, or admins only.
- Note: If you choose Admins Only: the members of the group will not be able to view the other members of the group or invite the entire group to folders.
- Additionally, admins will only be able to add this group to collaborate on content from within the admin console.
5. Click Add Members to add users to your new group. Enter a user's name or email address. You can add multiple users at once. Keep in mind that you can only add managed users. Once you have a list of all users you'd like to add, click Add
6. You can assign group admins by clicking into the Permissions Dropdown. Once you are read to continue, click Next. 7. Choose which files and folders you would like this group to have access to. Click Share Folders, then click Select on all folders into which you'd like to invite the group. You can select multiple folders at the same folder level, but if you click into a new folder, any prevous selections will be removed. When you have chosen all necessary folders, click Done.8. Choose the access level that members of this group will have in the folders you have invited them into by clicking into the Permissions Dropdown. You can give the group different permissions in different folders. Once you are ready to continue, click Done. 9. You have created a group! From this page, you can see an overview of the group's details. You can edit the group by clicking any of the Edit buttons located on the page. You can also delete the group by clicking Delete Group in the upper right corner.
To Edit or Delete an Existing Group:
- Navigate to the Groups tab (see above for instructions)
- Click on an existing group's name.
- On this page, you will see an overview of the group's details. You can edit the group by clicking any of the Edit buttons located on the page. You can also delete the group by clicking Delete Group in the upper right corner.