- OS X 10.12
- OS X 10.11
- OS X 10.10
- HFS or HFS+ formatted hard drive
- 10 32-bit and 64-bit
- 8.1 64-bit
- 8 64-bit
- 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- NTFS formatted hard drive
- Microsoft .NET Framework .NET 4.5.2 or greater*
- Download the Box Sync Installer DMG file from here.
- Open the DMG file.
- Drag the Box Sync app icon into your Applications folder.
- Double-click on Box Sync in your Applications folder.
- Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of your Finder window.
- Download the Box Sync Setup EXE file.
- Open the EXE file from the Windows folder and follow the installation instructions.
- Box Sync will start automatically once the installation is complete.
- Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of Windows Explorer. Alternately, right-click the Box Sync icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of your screen - near the clock) and click Open Sync Folder.
Attempts to install Box's desktop applications on Windows machines may result in the following error message, which is often the result of Windows Installer or .NET Framework corruption:
To resolve this error, please try the following: