Using Box Edit, you can open files stored in Box using the appropriate application on your desktop.
Note: Old Box Experience
This page refers to the old Box experience. In Box, hover over a single file or folder with your mouse. If the item looks like the following image, you are in the right place.
If the item does not look like the image above, visit the link below instead:
How Do I Get Started?
- Download and install Box Edit here. Once installed, navigate to a file in Box that you would like to edit.
- Click the "open with..." option from the preview screen.
- The document will open in its native application. Make your changes, hit Save, and your document is automatically saved back to Box!
- There’s no need to ‘Save As’ because your version history is recorded right there for you in Box.
Tool Tip: Watch for the Pop-Up on the Right Of Your Screen!
- When you save the file back to Box through Box Edit, wait for the "File is saved to Box" pop-up window to appear on the left-hand side of the screen indicating that the new version has successfully saved back to Box – then you are good to go!