Does Box support WebDAV?
Yes. Whether connecting via iOS, Windows 7 or a WebDAV client, use the following URL in your WebDAV client: https://dav.box.com/dav
Box recommends using third-party clients for mapping a drive to Mac OS X.
To connect to WebDAV please use the following:
Login: Your Box login email address and password.
Note: Web browser access is not supported. You must use a WebDAV client.
- Because uploads through WebDAV are accomplished in two stages, zero-byte files will be uploaded as placeholders before the final file contents are uploaded. This will make a newly created or uploaded file have two versions and include two upload events in reporting.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) is not supported via WebDAV. If SSO is required for account logins, you may use the Create External Password for WebDAV logins. The external password may be created in the Account Settings > Account tab > Create External Password
- Opening Office and Adobe files (doc, docx, xlxs, pptx, pdf, etc.) may continually prompt for login credentials if the programs are not currently open when downloading a file from Box via a mapped drive. This is a known Microsoft issue that is unrelated to Box’s WebDAV implementation. The password will be saved, so choosing OK will open the file. Additionally, keeping these programs open will avoid the prompt when opening another file with that extension.
- Location is not available. Access is denied. If you see either of these when trying to connect with your WebDAV client, it could indicate you have triggered the Captcha on your account. To check and clear the Captcha, login with your web browser to https://app.box.com/ . Try your WebDAV client again and it should work.
- Follow the steps below if opening a Microsoft Word or Excel file from the is causing those applications to crash:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Click View Installed applications on the left-hand menu.
- Search for "Update for Office 2010 (KB3055034)"
- Right-click on the update and click Uninstall.
- Repeat for KB3054886.
- Cannot download more than 50 MB
- Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved
- Cannot upload large Files when the upload takes longer than 30 minutes using Web Client in Windows 7.
- Solutions for the above issues are at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2668751 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900900
- Web browser access is not supported. Please use a WebDAV client.
Note: CalDAV is not supported.