This article contain important instructions and considerations for admins who want to deploy Box Edit to a large number of computers.
Microsoft ended support for .NET framework 4.0, 4.5 and 4.5.1 on Jan 12 2016. We encourage customers to upgrade to the latest version of .NET in order to continue receiving technical support)
- Single User Mode - https://e3.boxcdn.net/box-installers/boxedit/win/currentrelease/BoxToolsInstaller-AdminInstall-Singl...
- Multi User Mode - https://e3.boxcdn.net/box-installers/boxedit/win/currentrelease/BoxToolsInstaller-AdminInstall.msi
- The .msi installer can be used to deploy Box Edit through Group Policy or System Center Configuration Manager
If you are using a system image to deploy Box Edit, verify that the Box Edit Documents folder on your source machine (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Box\Box Edit\Documents) is empty before capturing the image.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Box\Box Local Com Server\Box Local Com Windows Service.exe
- Virtual environments
- Mass deployments of Box Edit by IT administrators
Box Edit uses a loopback network interface connection to communicate between the browser and the desktop. This interface may conflict with DNS, proxy, and other network access configurations.