Although there can only be one main Admin of a Business or Enterprise account, you have the opportunity to grant Co-Admin privileges to as many users as you like.
Co-Admins have access to the Admin Console and are able to perform all of the same actions as the main account Admin, with a few restrictions. Most importantly, they are not able to manage the Admin account or other Co-Admin Accounts, lack access to certain account-wide settings, and cannot view the account’s billing profile.
Note: Co-Admins can modify permissions for themselves and other Co-Admins.
To grant a user Co-Admin permissions, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console.
- In the lefthand navigation, click Users and Groups.
- Click on the user you want to switch to Co-Admin. Details about this user's account display.
In the Edit User Access Permissions section select the Co-Admin check box and then select the sub-set of granular permissions that you want to grant this user:
The Co-Admin privileges are:
- Manage users: Add new users or edit existing user information and access levels (checked by default)
- Manage groups: Create new groups, assign Group Admins, or edit existing groups (checked by default)
- View user’s content: Access any managed user’s files and folders (read-only access)
- Edit user’s content: Modify any managed user’s files and folders
- Log in to users' accounts: Log in to any managed user’s account
- View settings for your company: Read-only access to your organization’s settings
- Edit settings for your company: Modify your organization’s settings
- Run new reports and access existing reports: Access existing reports and create new reports for your enterprise
- View policies set up for your company: Read-only access to existing policies for your organization
- Create, edit, and delete policies for your company: Change, add to, or modify your organization policies
- View automations set up for your company: Read-only access to existing automation processes for your organization
- Create, edit, and delete automations for your company: Change, add to, or modify your organization's automation processes.
- Create and edit metadata templates for your company: Create and modify metadata templates used throughout your organization.
- Click Save to confirm these changes.
See Admins and Co-Admins: Overview and FAQs for more information.
**Note: Business Plus and Enterprise users will have the ability to selectively choose which Co-Admin permissions to assign to a user. Business accounts will not see this option, and will only see the ability to designate someone as a Co-Admin**