The Content & Sharing tab in Enterprise Settings allows you to enable or disable various permission types that are available to managed user when collaborating and sharing files.
- See Enterprise Settings: Shared Links for more details on how you can customize settings for all users' shared links and defaults.
- Restrict invites: This option allows you to set who can invite collaborators. If this option is enabled then only folder/file Owners, Co-owners and Admins (including Co-admins and Group Admins) will be able to invite collaborators to a given folder.
- Enable invite links: If you enable this function, users will be permitted to use invite links to collaborate.
- Enable group invites: Enabling this option makes it possible for users to invite groups to collaborate in folders.
- External collaboration:
- Enable external collaboration: This allows your users to collaborate with users outside your company.
- Limit collaboration to whitelisted domains: You can choose to restrict collaboration to an approved set of domains, or a whitelist. This feature is available via both the normal Box UI and the Box API. To enable whitelisted domains:
- Click the button to enable.
- Click Manage Whitelist.
- Once the Collaboration Whitelist window pops up, enter specific domains to add them to your whitelist. You can also use specific syntax to allow only outbound or inbound collaboration1. Use the "+" sign to permit inbound collaboration, and the "-" sign for outbound collaboration. Use the "*" to include all domains.
- Here are some examples:
- Allow all inbound collaboration, but no outbound collaboration: "+*"
- Allow all outbound collaboration, and only allow indbound collaboration with Company A: "-*" "companya.com"
- Outbound collaboration is defined as a user in your enterprise collaborating on content owned by someone outside your enterprise. Inbound collaboration is defined as a user outside of your enteprise collaborating on content owned by your enterprise.
- Users not subject to whitelist: You can allow certain users special privileges to collaborate with domains outside of the whitelisted domains. To grant this privilege, simply enter the names or email addresses of your selected users in the box below Users not subject to whitelist.
- External Collaborator Invitations: This allows you to restrict external collaborators from inviting other external collaborators into content owned by your enterprise and to prevent them from increasing other external collaborators' permission levels.
- must be
- Prevent content creation at root: This prevents all non-admin managed users from creating folders in their "All Files and Folders" section. Use this option if you would like to create the folder structure for the entire account and invite users into this structure.
- Limit Tag Creation: This allows you to set who can create tags for files in your account. This can be set to "All Users with tag privilege" (editor or higher), Folder Owners/Co-Owners & Admins, and Admins only.
Auto Expiration Settings
- Shared Links: This allows you to set an auto expiration for all shared links generated in your account. Expired shared links will no longer be accessible.
Note: Enabling auto-expiration of shared links for your enterprise will only apply to links that do not currently have an expiration date set. Enabling this setting will not override the dates already set on shared links.
In addition, disabling this feature will not remove any expiration dates already set on shared links.
- Collaborators: This sets a limit on collaboration. A user will be removed from a folder owned by your enterprise account after the specified number of days.
Note: Enabling auto-expiration of collaborators for your enterprise is not retroactive. Adding a collaboration expiration date will only apply to collaborators added after the setting has been enabled.
Choose "Save" to save any configurations that you have made.