Can browser plugins and extensions affect my connection to Box?
If you are encountering speed, upload, download, or various interface problem with Box it could be caused by a plugin, add-on, or extension that you have installed in your browser. To see if this is the case you can try disabling all plugins, add-ons, or extensions within your browser. Here are steps for various browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and Later:
- Follow the steps in this help article: Why Do I See "Error on Page" in Internet Explorer?
- Click the orange "Firefox" button in the top left-hand corner of the browser window and choose "Add-ons" from the right column of the menu to open an Add-ons Manager tab in the active browser window.
- If you are using Windows XP, click on "Tools" from the menu bar near the top of the browser window and choose "Add-ons."
- Click "Extensions" to view the installed extensions that add features to Firefox, or click "Plugins" to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality.
- Find the add-on you want to disable and click its "Disable" button.
- If you want to delete an extension entirely, click "Remove."
- Restart Firefox to complete the process.
- Click the menu icon "≡" at the top right of the browser window, choose "Tools" and choose "Extensions" to open a new "Options" tab.
- Uncheck "Enabled" to disable an extension, or click "Remove" to delete it completely.
- Enter "chrome://plugins/" in Chrome's address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality, such as Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash,
- Click the "Disable" link under the plugin you want to disable.